Thursday, October 29, 2009

two days!

Two days until my 5k!


I did a nice, slow run this afternoon with my neighbor. I decided that I'm going to do a nice, slow run at the race. Time isn't going to be important to me anymore. -This is mainly because I don't think I'll get a good time- This is a fun race. Everyone is supposed to dress up in a costume in honor of Halloween.

My neighbor and I haven't even decided what to be yet! We're thinking skeltons or something easy. We'll paint or face and maybe find some pj's that already have bones in the fabric. We don't have much time to figure it out. We're going tomorrow after we pick up our race packets to look for something.

Oh, and I got this:


It's the Nike+ chip and the watch that goes along with it. It was like $60 at Dicks and I couldnt pass it up. The chip goes into your sneaker ..you're supposed to have the Nike+ sneakers that have the built in compartment for the chip - which I do. Awesome. Aaron doesn't and he just puts it in his sock. Still reads.

Anyway, you slip it in your sneak or your sock and it counts your pace, how many miles you've run, and calories. -I think. I haven't mastered it yet and I still think we havent calibrated it right. But once you're dont with your run, you plug it into your computer and it brings up all of that information. You can even chart it on www.Nikeplus.com. It's pretty neat! And so far, it's been worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment