Monday, October 5, 2009

You're killing meee

I have always been in New York for Christmas. Every single year of my life. Even when I lived in North Carolina and Virgina. I always drove home. But this year, we just can't and my Mother is freaking out about it. I mean, she literally wrote me an email this morning saying that she was, "losing sleep over it".

This is so not fair! She know's that I want to be home with my family as much as she wants us to but we simply cannot afford it this year. There is too much going on. Aaron didn't pick up (because it's closed!) so that extra money we were hoping for, isn't there. Plus, this place that we're living at is sucking us dry.. (doesn't help that Gunner chewed a hole in the floor and that we're going to have to get all new carpets before we leave here in January.) We dont want to spend the money to drive 8 hours to NY. And Aaron doens't want to take the leave because he's trying to save as much as he can..

It just makes me feel like crap. I know that the main reason she wants us home is because she wants to be there when the boys open their presents. She doens't want to have to mail them.. but she knows that we're trying to save money and when she asks me every.single.day. about Christmas, it's like shes putting me on a crazy guilt trip. Ugh..

I just needed to vent. Sorry- -

1 comment:

  1. Ah man, so sorry to hear about not going home for Christmas. Maybe your mom can come to you guys?

    Don't feel like crap just remind yourself you;re doing ths for a bigger purpose. Save the money, you won't regret it!

    ReplyDelete