Sunday, November 1, 2009

Harvest Run 5k results -

"Congratulations Jackie Houran you finished the Harvest Run 5 km on October 31, 2009 with a chip time of 00:28:12. You placed 70 of 175 runners, 22 of 95 Female runners and 5 of 19 in the Women's 20-29 division. Weather on Race day was 59 degrees, rain."

That is my official time. 28:12. I was really disappointed in myself yesterday. I know I said I wasn't going for time but I really felt good about this race. Problem was, I started the race at my friends pace. I told her I would run a nice pace that she could keep up with and I would run it for at least 2 miles with her. I ended up having to run in place for about 50 seconds or so because I ended up getting to far ahead. I wanted to keep her motivated because I know she could get a better time than her last 5k. And she did AWESOME. Her last 5k time was 37:00 - yesterday hers was 33:00! I was so proud of her! Thats a HUGE jump in only a month!

Anyway, I waited for her until mile two and then started running at my regular pace. It was a very hilly track and that was fine because that is what I normally run on. But the rain didn't help.  I started picking out people in front of me, chicks who looked like they were in my age group and I thought for sure that I would at least place third. (I obviously didn't) But at mile 2.5, I passed 3 that looked about my age and I was keeping pace with an older lady(maybe 30) who had a nice pace going, too.

At the end, I thought I had it. I saw the clock and it said 24:00. I was psyched that I might get 25:00 or so.. too bad I'm blind. Because instead of it saying 24:00, it really said 27:00.. Haha.. so when I realized that, I picked it up. But it was too late. .

All in all, it was a good race. My breathing was excellent and after mile 2, my pace was right on. I didn't get to use my Nike+ watch because I lost it the night before. One of the boys got a hold of it and tossed to somewhere. I found it last night after the race.. how funny..

So, yeah, now that I look at the results, I think it was a pretty decent race. I'm excited for the Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving. There is normally around 3,500 people in that one so I know I wont place. But I just hope I can get a good enough time to beat all of my female realitives :)

On to some pictures:



My shirt, bib, and mask(that I didn't wear)


Ash and I before the race







                                                     Me. Clearly disappointed in my time..


Thanks for looking!!

No comments:

Post a Comment