Monday, October 26, 2009

5 days

5 days until my third 5k! 
I will be running in the H.O.M.E Sports and Freedom Middle School Harvest 5k. 
H.O.M.E  provides direct support and assistance to children who are infected with HIV/ AIDS. 
This will be my first charity run. 


I'm so nervous though. Maybe some of you runner out there can explain to me why I am getting really, REALLY sharp pains under my ribs? I can run fine for the first 2 miles. But lately, I have been having a rough time breathing right. I get some intense sharp pains under my ribs.. so bad that I can't even run through them anymore. It's defeating and very annoying. Could it be because the weather is getting colder? I can't think of any other reason. I mught try and Google it.. 


Anyway, I just wanted to put this here first. I doubt my time is going to be any better. Not that it really matters but I just wanted to throw that out there. That I probably wont have a new PR. Ot would be nice if I did but physically, I doubt I'll be able to.. 


Is that bad? That I can doubt myself so much? I am just going to run it. I'm gong to run how ever I feel like it. I wont quit. I wont walk. I'll make it.. I just dont think it's going to be my best race...


Anyway - I'm trying to see if I can talk my friend, Leah into doing the Historic Half with me in May. It will be my first half marathon and I am positive that by then, I'll be able to run the 13.1 miles. 


So that is what I will be training for now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment