Monday, October 19, 2009

3 runners die in Half Marathon

My friend, Leah was supposed to sign up for this half. She lives in Michigan. This is just the saddest, eeriest, story..http://www.detnews.com/article/20091018/METRO/910180321/Three-runners-die-in-Free-Press/Flagstar-half-marathon.

It makes me worry about Aaron's half that's coming up in December. A half marathon is 13.1 miles. Aaron just finished a 20 mile run on October 10th so I hope that he'll be okay. The article says that as far as anyone knows, these guys that died we're all very healthy. I hope an autopsy is performend so they know what happend.

It just freaks me out. I mean, this is something that these men trained for. They're familes were there to watch, everyone was cheering them on. One guy even crossed the finishline before he died. I just cannot imagine what their families are going through. I mean, waiting, and waiting for their loved ones to cross the finish line just to find out that they had colapsed and died at mile 11. 2 miles short of the finish! I just can't wrap my head around it..

Many prayers to the families of these runners..

No comments:

Post a Comment