Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Getting there

I'm running out of titles for my blogs. Lol.

Lastnight, I hit up the gym about an hour earlier than I normally do thinking no one would be there but as soon as I walked out my front door, my neighbor two doors down walked out of his and followed me there. I thought that he was probably just going to the office but whn I got to the gym, he followed me in.

I asked him what he normaly does while he 's there and he said, "a little bit of everything" and I said, "well, do you use the treadmill?" and he says," I'll just use the bike, you can use the treadmill" so that was nice of him.. but I felt bad because he was only on the bike for about 10 minutes and then he did the arm machines...so I ran 1.50 miles and got off so he could use it.. when I go off, I noticed he was putting on his coat to go so I said that I was finished with the treadmill if he wanted to use it and he said that he was done.. so I kinda jumped off when I didn't even have to. They really need to get another treadmill in there but there isn't any room for one.

So anyway, I did 1.50 on the treadmill and then did my usual 2 sets of everything for my arms and chest (but added more weight) and then decided to hop back on the treadmill.. I did another mile. So all in all, I did 2.50miles! Yay! I dont care if I stopped and then started back up again.. I still did it and I'm proud. Pretty son, I hope to be able to run 3. Then I'll have to start getting some better times if I want to run in the 5k... can't wait!!

I'll probably skip the gm tonight and do The Biggest Loser. Aaron's working late and we just wont have time to fit both of us in tonight..

But I have a question:

What kind of music do you lisen to when you work out if any at all?

I thought that I needed real like intense, crazy motivating music to workout.. something high in energy so I was listening to Metallica and (my girly music) Hole and Bif Naked but th other day, I realized that I do better when I listen to my more mellow music like Wilco and Bob Dylan. Infact, all I listen to now is Dylan. I listen to his Blood on the Tracks album and I know that after 6 of his songs, I've done 2 miles. He also has a 9 minute song that I am determined to run a mile to before it's finished.. I tried it yesterday but I think I still did the mile in 10mins. oh well, I'll get there..

So, what do you listen to?

No comments:

Post a Comment