Thursday, March 10, 2011

Still running.

Yep. I'm getting some good use out of that treadmill.

I took the last two days off. I've had a bad shin splint,(shin splints?) in my left calf thats been bugging the hell out of me. So I've been resting and icing it. 

This morning I took it slow. I did 5.5mph for 35 minutes and then 7.0mph for he last 5 minutes because when I looked down and realized that I hadn't even hit the 4mile mark yet, I panicked. I still didn't hit the 4 mile mark, (3.80) which is pathetic.. and I probably even hurt my shin more by pushing my speed so much but, the run itself was good.

The pace was a little slow, but I knew I planned on running 40 minutes and didn't want to over do it. Eventually I want to make it to a whole hour of running, (which I've never been able to do) and after that, Id like to see if I can run a 10k (on the treadmill, not an actual race yet)

If you're not into running, I don't think you know the kind of high it gets you. Running is the main reason for my weight loss. I lost 50+ pounds because of  it, the high.

When I first started, I was almost 190lbs. Thats pretty big for my 5'6" body. One day, I just went to the gym, got on a treadmill, and forced myself to run 1 mile without stopping. I did it. It took me 14 minutes, but I did it. And after that, I just couldn'tget enough. I went everyday to the little gym that they had at my housing complex. And day after day, I would force myself to go a little bit farther.

I also started running outside and up huge hills. It was such a great feeling to see that weight fall off. At my lowest weight, I was 127lbs. Right now, I'm back up to 131 with a goal of being 125 and staying there.

Oh, and now my fastest mile is 8 minutes and 24 seconds. Which is a huge accomplishment from 14 minutes.

I guess the whole point of this post is to let people know that it can be done. You can do it and you will feel so much better about yourself when you do. Hang in there

1 comment:

  1. Dude, you are such an inspiration. I think tonight I may get on my treadmill and see how long it takes me to run a mile. I bet it'll be like 30 min. I'm so lazy.

    ReplyDelete