Thursday, September 3, 2009

17 more days until 5k!

This morning we ran on Main side again. I love it. The only thing I don't love is having to wear a glow belt. My glow belt fell right off of my hips today.. what a pain.

I did Week 5, Day 3. I was supposed to do Day 2 but decided to run the whole 20 minutes anyway. I brought Gunner and left the kids. I'm still unsure if I want to bring them with me to mainside because we're running in a lot of traffic and the double is just too wide for the shoulder.

Tomorrow, we're going to run at Lunga Lake on base. The road is gravel but I drove there today and tested the double and it seemed fine. I mapped out our miles and we'll be taking off at 7:30am. The only problem is, we might have trouble running on it because of the loose gravel and bigger stones. We'll see.

Anyway, back to running on base. Like I said before, I love it. I love running in a place where a lot of other people see you. It keeps me motivated. It keeps me from stopping. But more importantly, it keeps me distracted. I love being able to see different cars coming at me, different people running ahead or across the road from me, I love the trees and Smith lake on the other side of the road.. all of these things keep me from thinking about the task at hand. And I'm the type of person who does better when they're not thinking too hard about it. (if that even makes sense)

The 5k is in 17 days! Why am I so nervous about it? I don't know. I always get that way I guess. I even get nervous before my morning run.. just strange I guess..

No comments:

Post a Comment