Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Trail running!


So this is the result of trail running. Obviously, I fell because I am so clumsy.

My Grandparents came down for the night so they watched the boys while Aaron and I went on base and ran the trails. The trails are 5miles long but we only did half because it was getting dark. -so dark that I couldn't see in front of me and I tripped-

But, man was it fun! I was on a runners high all night long after running the trails. I think I did really well. I made it the whole way and even ran about a half mile more after I fell. It was sooo dark though! I mean, we left at 7 and it's dark by 8.. we're stupid.. but it was really the only time we could do it..

Anyway, I wish I could run the trails every time I run. Its easier (if you ask me) Because I don't focus on running. I focus on jumping over roots and watching my feet instead of staring straight ahead at the pavement.

The E-course on base is an obstical course. (we just ran the trail) But the trail itself is pretty crazy. There are a lot of big hills, mud hols, bridges, roots, and BIG rocks that you have to jump over..

I guess I'm still kind of on a runners high about it.. just typing about it makes me want to do it again..

The only thing that sucked was my fall. It sucks even more because the 5k is in 5 days. I'm sore but can still move enough to get around. I just hope it gets better before the race.. I have more pictures but I can't, for the life of me figure out the Blogger picture thing.. so I'll post 'em later..




No comments:

Post a Comment