Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Tomorrow is the stair climb

7:30pm we start. To begin with, I thought it was going to be a piece of cake. I mean really,whats so bad about climbing up stairs? But I want to do it in a decent time. My brothers girlfriend did all 809 steps in 6 minutes. My Dad did them in 8minutes. Which puts me around 10 minutes I'm sure. haha! And I need a stratedgy.. My brothers GF goes as fast as she can to start off and when she gets tired, she literally pulls her self up by the railing two stair at a time. I thought that should be my stratedgy, too but I when I ran it past my Dad, he said, "No way" Slow and steady wins the race.. so we'll see.. I guess when it comes down to it, I'll decide after they say, "GO!"

I just want to beat my Dad. He's 50 something years old and NOT ONCE have I beat him in any sort of race, EVER. He's always beat me in any of our road races. I'm in my prime, people.. whats going on here?!

But I mananged to drag three of my friends into doing the race with me, too. Thank you Jolene, Stacy, and Ian! We're going to rock it. I'm excited about it right now but as soon as I get there, I'm going to be so nervous!

Here they are - The Corning Towers in Albany, Ny. 809 steps and 42 flights of FUN, FUN, FUN. 

Wish us luck! I'll post later on how we did! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment