Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Running with an 80lbs Labrador is not a good idea

Woke up this morning knowing that it had been 3 days since I ran. Which is a big "no no" for me. I usually run every day or every other day, (when I'm feeling unathletic and need a break)

I thought it would be fun to take Gunner. After all, he was my running buddy back in the day and I loved taking him along.

My awesome sister bought this for him:
And with her, it works like a charm. That dog would do anything for her.

It's a Gentle Leader. I guess it's supposed to help with them not pulling as much.

  Uh, yeah, it does NOTHING for Gunner. He tries to take his paws and scratch it off. That would be fine, but he does it when we are in the middle of a run.. all the sudden, he just stops and tries to get it off while I'm still in mid stride. Needless to say, it's a big mess. I normally trip over him and practically fall flat on my face. Fun.

He really doesn't like it:

Can ya tell?

He thinks he looks silly.
I agree.

But, I'll try anything to get that dog to run at a normal, sane pace next to me like he's supposed to.


No comments:

Post a Comment