Saturday, April 9, 2011

Getting there

I don't think running on the treadmill is anything like running outside. But I've talked about that throughout my Blog enough that you're probably sick of hearing it.

But today I set the treadmill to 60 minutes, my pace at 5.5, and my incline at 1.5% and took off. For the first two miles I ran that  5.5 pace and then bumped it up to 6. Then back down and up for the rest of the workout. My breathing was great as well as my stride for the most part. But I did start to feel a pinch at the top of my left foot. I had the same kind of thing last week on my right. I was telling my Grandpa about it and he said the way I described it, it sounded like a bone spur. I hope that's not the case.

Anyway, I did set a new personal best. I did 5.70 miles in an hour. Ideally I would like to be at 6 miles in an hour but I'm getting there.

I figured that when race day actually came, I'd probably make it my goal to make it to each water stop and just keep a nice, slow pace. Keeping a slow pace is easy when I'm just running by myself, but when I'm in a race, I automatically just start full speed. Adrenaline pumping and every one's excited. It's hard not to let some of that rub off on you. I just pray that I can keep a steady jog pace. Id be very happy if I finished the darn thing in under an hour and a half. That's my goal. It's doable. I just have to take it easy. I also have to get a 5+ mile run outside a few times before hand. And even go down to the route and run it..

Monday I'll be heading back to the gym to cross train and I'm also watching what I eat and eating right. So hopefully by race time, it'll be a piece of cake. Ha :)

No comments:

Post a Comment