Friday, April 24, 2009

Ya know what..

I feel good about myself. Well, not good enough that Id want to prance around in a bikini..But good enough. I went from 180something pounds and now I'm at 137lbs in just under a year. Granted I will credit most of that to breastfeeding.. but I did and have been working out ALOT.

I mean, when I look at myself in the mirror, I don't see that fat face. (Aaron once called me a butterball. Lol) I don't see massive love handles AND when I look down, I can actually see my feet past my belly!

When I put my hands on my waist, I actually feel hip bone and not thickness of fat and I LOVE that feeling! I still have a wicked ass but it's slowly shrinking, too. Plus, Aaron likes my ass big. Ha.

Anyway, I guess you could say that I'm proud that I didn't just sit around and become an over weight slob like I wanted to. I want to bit fit and healthy for my kids and these days, there are som many Mom's who just kinda let them selves go. I mean, I gained 30-40lbs when I was pregnant with Noah and after I had him, I only got back down to 140 before I was pregnant with Benji. With Benji, I gained 40 MORE pounds.. and thought that I would NEVER see a size 5 again... well, I'm getting there and sooo happy about that!

So the 5k is May 16th. I got the route from my Mom and it actually looks pretty easy. Problem is (right now) that I can bearly run and mile and a half without wanting to quite.. thats from going so long without running because I was sick the first few weeks in April.

Today is my 2nd day of running. I have only been running a mile a dayt..I hope to go again tomorrow but my friend, Erica is coming down for the day. She said she'll be here by 10am so I hope I can get up and out the door before then.

I told Aaron today that I was so afraid that I wouldn't be able to keep up with my Dad when we do the race. Or even worse, get beaten by my overweight realitive..I just need to push myself and sometimes, I just can't find the motivation.. its hard. .

Althought, I was 1 minute faster on my mile this morning. I'm at 9mins. I would love to be down to 8 or better yet, 7 before the race.. it's only 3 weeks away which means, I can only spare a few days off.. we'll see!!!

2 comments:

  1. You can do it!!! It's amazing what sort of rush you will get at that 5K. It was my first one, so I owe my accomplishment to the shear fact of not wanting to fail. Ha. I think that once you are happy with how you look (even if it's not the exact way) you are more likely to keep on going. Wishing you all the best :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You so can do it Jack! You are doing great. I had the same exact amount of weight gain with the kids and went from 178 to 108 but it literally took well over a year. It's so good to hear you say that you like the way you look. That's key to your success over all. And you are at a healthy weight! Keep working and I cant wait to hear about the 5k!

    ReplyDelete