Friday, February 3, 2012

Look what we found!(this was supposed to go in my other Blog. Oh well.)

Meet, "Dexter" He is a German Shepherd. We found him on the side of the road few weeks ago! I can't believe that someone would just toss this puppy.
We picked him up on our way to get a baby shower gift from Babies R Us. It was raining, and my Husband was driving with my Mother in Law and the kiddo's in the back seat. That day, we decided to take the back way to avoid the traffic. He was just sitting next to the road, so we pulled over. My Mother in Law got out and went and knocked on the door to the house that he was sitting in front of. When the guy came out to answer, he told her that the puppy had just showed up a few weeks ago and that he's been feeding him since. The guy actually asked my Mother in Law if she wanted to keep him, and being the crazy animal lover that she is, said yes. So, with my Husband shaking his head and saying, "no, no, no" over and over again, she got back into the car with the pup.

Aaron was NOT a happy camper. But I felt like it was destiny! I had been having puppy fever,(especially German Shepherd) ever since my Father took us to watch the K9 Sheriff dogs practice when we were back home. And all the sudden, this puppy, a German Shepherd, just shows up?! FATE!

We brought him home, and I gave him a bath. I immediately checked on Craigslist and Lejeune Yardsales to see if anyone was missing this adorable little pup. Nothing. So I made an appointment at the vet to see if he was micro chipped. Turns out, he wasn't. So, we micro chipped him, and he officially became, "ours"

We're all pretty happy with him. Gunner isn't very amused, because Dex likes to nip at him all the time. But he's still just a puppy, and I know he'll grow out of it.

Here is the most recent picture of him, (taken today)
He's getting BIG! Look at his ears standing up already! The vet said he was between 10-12 weeks old, So I'm putting his Birthday at sometime in November.
I'm excited to see what kind of a dog he'll grow up to be. I'm thinking about putting him in training so he can learn to protect us. That's especially important to me with the Husbands deployment schedule. We'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment