Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Classes?

Do any of you take classes at the gym? I never thought Id be a class taker, but a few months ago, my runner friend, Cait talked me in to doing my first. It was a TAC (total athletic conditioning) class. And boy was it HARD!
It was the instructors last day so she really pushed us. It was basically Tabata. Which is  20 seconds of ultra-intense exercise, followed by 10 seconds of rest, repeated continuously for 4 minutes (8 cycles).
Power squats were the very first exercise. I have never been so sore in my entire life! I literally had to reteach myself how to walk! I tried running 3 days after the TAC class, and I couldn't even get my legs to go the way they were supposed to!
But it was totally worth it and I LOVED the feeling of that soreness!

So ever since that first TAC class, I've been hooked. TAC is every Monday and then we take Cycle Circuit. Which is basically spinning. Getting off of the bike, doing Polymetrics on the floor and then hopping back on the bike. And on Friday, we use the gym. We do 30 minutes of cardio,(which is almost always running) and then strength training.

But now, our TAC instructor has an all Tabata class on Fridays! To say I'm excited and a bit nervous is an understatement. I'm so excited to have such an intense work out. But a bit nervous of not being able to walk 3-5 days afterwards! Haha..

Do any of you take classes? Would you rather take a class or just use the gym?

1 comment:

  1. I don't have a gym, but when I was in Oki I did spin classes a few times. My problem is I live so far from the gym now and I did in Oki too. I'm too lazy to drive 30 min to the gym.

    ReplyDelete