Thursday, November 18, 2010

I want this:

This is the Free Motion incline trainer. It rooccks. We have two at my gym. Now, normally I'm a runner. But running on a treadmill isn't very fun. I'd much rather be outside in the fresh air, running up and down hills. On the treadmill, running for a half hour, I would barely burn 300 calories. When I get on this baby and put the incline at 24% and walk at a speed of 3.5mph, for a half hour, I burn 700. 700! Unbelieveable isn't it?

So lately my workout has been this:
Treadmill for a half hour.
Kettlebells - 3 sets of 20 on each side.
Abs on the machine
Abs on the floor.
Leg presses
Stairs for a half hour at a pace of 110 steps per minute which burns 500+ calories in a half hour.

So almost every day, I'm burning 1,000 calories. I should start seeing some weight loss soon. Well, I am actually. Last week I weighed in at 134.5 - today I weigh in at 131.2.. so that's something. I'm still aiming for a goal weight of 125. But I'm happy to be getting toned along the way.

Those kettlebells are the shit. I can already see a big improvement in my love handles and it's only been 2 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment