Monday, July 26, 2010

Da gym.

While I was running every day, I didn't see the point in going to the gym. I hated the idea of getting in a workout in front of everyone. I felt as if everyone there would be staring at the fat girl trying to run on the treadmill. So, I ran outside. I ran almost every day. And running, is how I lost my 50+ pounds of baby weight.

Now that I'm down (to)wards my goal weight, I don't run as much. And when I do run, (outside) now that I'm down in North Cacki Lackie, I've come to realize how hard it IS to run down here.  I haven't gotten used to the heat. Nope, it's awful! I just can't get my breathing down.

Sooo, I go to the gym. I go Monday,Tuesday,Thurs, and Friday with Wednesdays and Saturdays off. I try to run around the neighborhood on Sunday nights.  Anyway, I love it!

We're practically regulars there now. We drop the boys off at day care and hit the gym for an hour and a hafl each day.

I normally start witrh cardio. I'll either run on the treadmill or do the stairs.

Today, I ran 2 miles on the treamill. Then did my abs, legs, and arms.. then ended with 3 miles on the stairs. All in all, a pretty good workout I think.

If you haven't done the stairs at the gym, I suggest it. It's a crazy workout. I sweat an insane amount..and love it. It's one of those workouts that you really feel like you've accomplished something. I do it at 110 steps per minute for 20ish minutes. That's about 3 miles. I'm working up to 30 minutes. If you do that baby for an hour and 110 steps per minute, you are supposed to burn over 1,000 calories. PHEW! I coudln't imagine spending all of my gym time on the stairs..

No comments:

Post a Comment